Kindly note that the Spring Forum is a fee-based event with a limited number of participants. Please check the organiser’s website for details.
- GINTL Global: Panel discussion: Internationalisation in transition – Learning from the Global Networks experience
- GINTL Africa: Round table discussions: Finland’s Africa strategy – From a vision to multidisciplinary implementation in higher education institutions
- GINTL China: Panel discussion Finnish HEIs co-creating foundations for responsible China cooperation
- GINTL India: Face-to-face coffee chat at the Spring Forum 2023 in Espoo
- GINTL India: Round table discussion: India collaboration – Novelty, synergies and challenges for Finnish academia
Panel discussion: Internationalisation in transition – Learning from the Global Networks experience
- 5.5.2023 | 9:15-10:15 | Aalto University, Espoo, U4
- Organisers: GINTL and seven other Global Networks, established by Finnish MinEdu funding
We are now past the midpoint for the current MinEdu funding period of GINTL and the other seven Global Networks, which were established to support the internationalisation of Finnish HEIs. This panel discussion highlights the kinds of strategic services the networks are providing for internationalisation efforts, as well as some of the main challenges faced by the HEIs coordinating the networks, with a view to forming recommendations for future internationalisation efforts.
The aim is to provide food for thought for those who are engaged in the networks or involved in making decisions regarding future support for internationalisation.
Round table discussions: Finland’s Africa strategy – From a vision to multidisciplinary implementation in higher education institutions
- 4.5.2023 | 13:00-14:00 | Aalto University, Espoo, Y229c
- Organisers: GINTL Africa, FAPI, SAFINET, EDUCase
The Africa Networks roundtable gathers the Finnish MinEdu’s Global Networks active in Africa as well as central government representatives to elaborate the significance of the Finnish Africa strategy (published in March 2021) to Finnish HEIs.The roundtable aims to create a better understanding of the different ministries’ expectations on future Africa cooperation based on their Africa strategies, policies, and funding instruments as well as the situation after the recent elections. The event will also highlight how universities can be part of the implementation of the Finnish Africa strategy.The event will be organised as a hybrid event and selected recordings will be available after the event.
Panel discussion Finnish HEIs co-creating foundations for responsible China cooperation
- 5.5.2023 | 10:30-11:30 | Aalto University, Espoo, U3
- Organisers: GINTL China | China-Network of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences | Finland-China Network in Food and Health Sciences
The European Union considers China simultaneously as a partner for cooperation, an economic competitor and a systemic rival. The panelists who represent different perspectives to academic China cooperation will discuss how to create solid foundation for responsible China-cooperation in a constantly changing global political climate.
Face-to-face coffee chat at the Spring Forum 2023 in Espoo
- 3.5.2023 | 13:00-14:00 | Aalto University, Espoo, U402
- Oragnisers: GINTL India
The GINTL India coordination team from JYU warmly welcomes all Spring Forum 2023 participants to pop in for an informal coffee chat with the TFK Advisor for India, Mika Tirronen, the Nordic Centre in India Director Christabel Royan, and the GINTL India coordination team. We will be at Room U402. Come chat on and around Indo-Finnish collaborations on teaching and learning.
Round table discussion: India collaboration – Novelty, synergies and challenges for Finnish academia
- 4.5.2023 | 15:00-16:00 | Aalto University, Espoo, Y229c
- Organisers: GINTL India, FICORE, EDUCase
In 2021, three Global Networks were established with Finnish MinEdu funding to boost collaboration between Finnish HEIs and India. GINTL focuses on teaching and learning, FICORE works in diverse fields of science and technology, and EDUCase promotes practical case collaborations between Finnish and Indian HEIs. While their thematic areas differ, the networks share the opportunities and challenges that arise from working with partners from a vast and diverse country that is a relatively new collaboration partner for most Finnish HEIs.
In this roundtable discussion, the three networks are joined by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture-appointed TFK advisor for India and the Director of the Nordic Centre in India (NCI). Together with our guests and the Spring Forum audience, we reflect on the novelty, synergies and challenges of India as a collaboration partner. The panel is organised as part of the Spring Forum 2023.