The call has been closed. Applicants will be informed shortly.
The Global Innovation Network for Teaching and Learning (GINTL) wants to contribute towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 4: “Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all”. The GINTL Call for Proposals is now open to initiate, enhance and strengthen collaboration in teaching, learning and teacher education with African, Chinese and Indian higher education institutions.
We welcome proposals seeking to …
- Co-create research-based solutions to global education challenges,
- Increase meaningful and mutual partnerships between Finnish HEIs and their partners in African countries, in China, and India, and
- Inspire and initiate attractive internationalization measures in Finnish higher education institutions.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Academic staff of the University of Helsinki (UH)
- PhD researchers and post doc researchers affiliated with the UH in collaboration with permanent academic staff of UH
- Students or group of students of the UH, in collaboration with permanent academic staff of UH.
GINTL is coordinated at the Faculty of Educational Sciences (UH), but proposals from all faculties are welcome.
Types of funding available for application:
GINTL Seed funding
- Preparatory funding for establishing partnerships and building new initiatives, activities or proposals
- Funding period 1 September 2022 – 31 May 2023 (continued funding for 2021 funded GINTL initiatives need to begin by 1 December 2022)
- Maximum 15,000€ per initiative
- Call open twice a year, in 2024 only in spring
GINTL Project funding
- Education development, research, and co-creation of higher education partnerships
- The minimum duration of a project is six months and the maximum duration 27 months.
- Average of 5000€/month can be budgeted. The project can begin 1 September 2022 (but latest 1 December 2022) and the project must be terminated latest by 31 November 2024.
- Maximum 135,000€ per project
- Call open spring 2022 and spring 2023
10 August 2022